- This policy covers how batmj.com treats personal information that batmj.com collects and receives, including information related to your past use of batmj.com products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that batmj.com does not own or control, or to people that batmj.com does not employ or manage. In addition, certain batmj.com associated companies such as SanDisk and Sony have their own privacy statements.
Information Collection and Use
- batmj.com collects personal information when you register with batmj.com, when you use batmj.com products or services, when you visit batmj.com pages or the pages of certain batmj.com partners, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. batmj.com may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation, industry, and personal interests. For some financial products and services we may also ask for your address, Social Security number, and information about your assets. Once you register with batmj.com and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- batmj.com collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners, including information about your use of financial products and services that we offer.
- batmj.com automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, batmj.com cookie information, and the page you request.
- batmj.com uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- When a child under age 13 attempts to register with batmj.com, we ask that he or she have a parent or guardian create a batmj.com Account to obtain parental permission.
- batmj.com will not contact children under age 13 about special offers or for marketing purposes without a parent's permission.
- batmj.com does not ask a child under age 13 for more personal information, as a condition of participation, than is reasonably necessary to participate in a given activity or promotion.
- batmj.com does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with batmj.com under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help batmj.com communicate with you about offers from batmj.com and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We have a parent's permission to share the information if the user is a child under age 13. Parents have the option of allowing batmj.com to collect and use their child's information without consenting to batmj.com sharing of this information with people and companies who may use this information for their own purposes;
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- batmj.com displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria - for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
- batmj.com does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- batmj.com advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies).
- batmj.com may set and access batmj.com cookies on your computer.
- batmj.com lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to batmj.com's cookies.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
Confidentiality and Security
- You can edit your batmj.com Account Information at any time.
- New categories of marketing communications may be added to the Marketing Preferences page from time to time. Users who visit this page can opt out of receiving future marketing communications from these new categories or they can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages they receive.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the batmj.com service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the batmj.com Newsletter, that are considered part of your batmj.com account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
Questions and Suggestions
- batmj.com may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your batmj.com account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.